© Kristen Nicole Guthrie 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Saturday 15 September 2012

While The World Was Turning

Weeks go by without a laptop, and it seems I end up missing everything. After my motherboard crashed I slowly sunk deeper into the abyss with no news on what was happening in the world around me. Ok, I will admit I'm probably being a bit dramatic, but adding the fact that I was back in Cyprus until Uni starts again, it definitely is hard to keep up. Since my beloved access to civilisation has returned to me I spent full days catching up on everything I had missed.
So I now present to you:
'The Ten Best Things To Happen While Living Under A Rock'

10. The Super Model Coloring Book

Ok it's actually the IMG Spring/Summer 13 Show Package, but add to that the doodles of artist Danny Roberts and we get something far more entertaining. Who doesn't want the chance to dress and draw our fav models? Sounds like a great way to spend my time during some of those less than stellar lectures. 



9. Lanvin for Laduree


Joining Christian Louboutin, Sonia Rykiel, John Galliano, Marni, Christian Lacroix, and Alexis Mabille in the list of designers in collaboration with French macaroon house Laduree, Lanvin has created what sounds like the most delicious bubble gum flavored macaroons that come inside an oh so chic illustrated box with matching ribbon.




8. Bond St.'s New Addition

After all my waiting, the doors have finally opened at the new Victoria Secret store! As anyone closest to me knows, I am truly in love (if not obsessed) with the label, and now I'm only a few hours away the gorgeous new flagship. With an amazing four floors, that's alot of sexiness for Bond St.





7. Leandra Medine on the treadmill in heels.

For all you Man Repeller fans reading right now, this blogging stylista has to be the only person to pull off teaching us how to get ready for fashion week while in gold shorts and a sweat band. And is it just me or does the fact that she is friends with Rebecca Minkoff and Hilary Rhoda seem to make her even that much enviable. I knew I was addicted to her sartorial insights for a reason.



6. The Fashion Shower

Whoever has not seen this Anna Dello Dusso video, clearly has been under the same rock as me. To celebrate the realise of her new accessories line at H&M, the eccentric Vogue Japan editor at large tells us all how we are in need of a fashion shower. If you have seen this already and have not been watching it in replay with sheer addiction, than I must ask why do you bother even getting up in the morning?



Anna's lessons for us:
  1. Fashion is a declaration of your own freedom
  2. Between style and fashion? Absolutely fashion
  3. Fashion is always uncomfortable, if you feel comfortable you never get the look
  4. Fabulous at every age
  5. Wearing night clothes in the daytime is unexpected
  6. Somebody wearing your same outfit? Wonderful, you did the right choice
  7. You must wear outfit once
  8. Wear coat as a dress
  9. It doesn't matter the size of your body, fashion flatter everyone
  10. Fashion jewels personalise your style. Nothing succeeds like excess


5. The movie I've been waiting for

With the announcement for the Diana Vreeland documentary that came out last month, I kept wondering when it would be the turn of the another great tastemaker; Iris Apfel. And now that time has come as well. So excited that she will get her time in the sun now as I really feel that no one really talks about her as much as they used to.




4. The Take Over glossy

I have really been so excited for when the new magazine from former French Vogue Editor in Chief, hits stands and it finally has. This CR Fashion Book will without a doubt be on everyone's coffee table if you ask me, and will soon be taking over. The great, and possibly smartest, element is the twice a year print. This way there won't be any competition between the industry heavyweights.




3. The Greatest Show On Earth

Living my younger years in the great state that is New York I have always given a huge amount of credit to it being the source of all my creative and fashion senses. And even though I was still quite young when I left, I have always remembered watching the iconic t.v. show that was House of Style. Ending its rein in 1999 (and funny enough the same year I left) there has always been a hole needed to be filled. With no one being able to ever step into these gold studded shoes, it has, praise the fashion gods, been scheduled to come back to air!!!!! The best news I've heard in such a long time. And what is making it even better? The fact that Joan Smalls alongside my favorite model of this generation Karlie Kloss are going to take the role of co-hosts for the MTV revival. Being the online kids of today the series will be back as a web show on MTV's stlye blog. A full documentary is also coming out alongside the new show, which is a must see for everyone.





2. Fashion Night Out

So of course with not being able to go to this fashionista's dream night out once again because of the ocean separating me, I wasn't even able to keep up with the night from my (no longer) handy laptop. With the night being a huge hit for the 4th time, I am hoping that at least some of you guys got to be a part of it first hand.



1. New York Fashion Week

Being the home of most of my favorite designers, I always look forward to New York Fashion Week the most.  I have been reduced to having to catch up on everything while still trying to see all the live catwalk showings from London. I just keep repeating in my head that the time difference would've made it hard to keep up anyway.... excuses to myself to keep me from breaking down.


No comments:

Post a Comment