© Kristen Nicole Guthrie 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Not The Face For Me


Here it is. The new fall 2012 ad campaign for H&M is out, and as we were expecting with the face of Lana Del Ray. I immediately thought of two things; Love it, hate her
(sorta...but I'll get to that later). Now don't get me wrong, I too have been wooed by the sultry voice of this singing beauty, but there comes a point when I just say to myself, "...Seriously?!" For one thing she looks very doll like. I mean I feel like just picking her up and putting her on my book shelf. Secondly, I can't seem to be able to look at those lips anymore. For some reason she also doesn't seem like someone I would imagine being the face of this brand. I don't think H&M when I see her, and I don't think Lana Del Ray when I picture H&M.
Now for the love portion. The photos are gorgeous and I am already in love with the photographers (Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinood Matadin) and think the styling is great...especially this first one below. As for the 'sorta' part I previously mentioned, I don't really think of H&M when I look at these images. If I was to see the same ones while flipping through the pages of Vogue I would probably have no doubts on them what so ever. But for H&M's new campaign... I don't know, something just doesn't fit. 
Am I being a bit too picky or are you guys thinking the same?

Stay tuned though, come September 19 H&M will be releasing a promotional video staring this same face.






1 comment:

  1. I'm confused... why is LDR in an H&M campaign? This seems like such a strange pairing. It does look gorgeous though. xx

    ReplyDelete