© Kristen Nicole Guthrie 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

A Fine Poet of Clothes


I can't believe I'm actually saying this right now but, legendary fashion writer Anna Piaggi passed away this morning at the age of 81. This is definitely one of saddest days in fashion. Since the 60s Anna has been showing how it'd done with her eccentric, daring, ans most gorgeous outfits. Known for her Crazy hats, blue hair, and bright theatrical make up, Piaggi is photographed everywhere she goes. This icon has been called 'a fine poet of clothes' by Bill Cunningham, 'a guiding light and inspiration' by Stephen Muller, and has been a muse for countless designers including Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino, and Minolo Blahnik. 


"I have always liked to mix my look. Every dress tells a story. I am very careful about how I look. I never appear anywhere without make-up on. In fact, I never even go out of my bedroom without make-up. I never wear the same thing twice in public. I love hats and I love little canes and binoculars. It looks like everything is just put together in a haphazard way — but no, it is very carefully thought out. Karl Lagerfeld once held a ball and the theme was Venetian and everyone was dressing as Doges but I decided to go as a fishwife. I balanced a wicker basket on my head filled with seaweed and crabs and I hung two pigeons I'd bought from the butcher round my neck but at midnight they started to bleed so I had to leave like Cinderella!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi I saw you followed me on blogger or do you call that google? haha Anyway you would be the best if you could follow me on bloglovin'? Well if you want to of course!
    xx
    Elsa - stylebyelsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete