© Kristen Nicole Guthrie 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Sunday 7 April 2013

Oh So Sweet


Finally, a perfume ad done to perfection. With the release of Prada's new fragrance Candy L'eau, they came out with a cheeky and fun ode to Truffaut's Jules & Jim. Now, I have to say I did really like their previous ad for Prada Candy from 2011 but it left me wanting more from it. My need has definitely been fulfilled however. Lea Seydoux plays the role of Candy in both ads, and she has even left me wanting to run and buy this perfume. Done as 3 part episodes released each week, the brand had me hooked to see how the story would end.



Consistently hitting it out of the park, Prada really knows how to put together campaigns that I fail to take my eyes from every time I watch. Anyone remember the masterpiece that was their summer 2012 ad, 'A Therapy' ? Still gotta be my favorite fashion ad ever. Their latest SS13 video definitely holds a candle though, with what has to be the perfect mix of model castings.


Check out the 1962 inspiration to this pop commercial Prada ad.

                                         

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so excited to try this one ! they come out with the best perfumes :)

    http://ollynash.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete